Samsung revealed last night the new line of Galaxy S phones, the S10. A decade after the first launch of the S line and just ahead of the opening of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Samsung is coming with the latest innovations available, like 5G and a foldable smartphone.
As a natural result of a decade of innovation, the Galaxy S10 is designed for those who want a premium smartphone with strong performance that prepares the ground for the next generation of mobile experiences. For users who want an excellent device when it comes to specifications, the Galaxy S10 + boasts them all, from display to camera, performance. The Galaxy S10e is built for those who want all the premium specs in a compact package on a flat screen. The Galaxy S10 5G is designed for those who want a lot more, especially the highest speed that exists and the strongest specifications. Featuring the new AMOLED Dynamic Display, New Generation Room and Intelligent Performance, the Galaxy S10 offers consumers more options and sets a new standard for smartphones.
“Since its launch ten years ago, the Galaxy S has brought some of the industry’s first innovations, giving users an incredible experience and the freedom to choose the right device for them. The Galaxy S10 emerged from this legacy and comes with a screen and great charm, but unprecedented performance. With four premium devices, each built with a certain type of user in mind, Samsung has the advantage of a decade where it has been among the leaders in smartphone technology,” said DJ Koh, president and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Samsung Electronics.
Introducing AMOLED dynamic screen: Full screen experience with ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
The Galaxy S10 has the best screen ever made by Samsung, the first AMOLED dynamic screen in the world. Being the first HDR10 + certified smartphone, the screen delivers vibrant digital content, a wide range of colors for dynamic imagery as realistic. Galaxy S10’s dynamic AMOLED display is VDE-certified for vibrant colors and delivers an extraordinary contrast ratio for deeper blacks and brighter white.
Guaranteed by DisplayMate, you’ll also enjoy exceptional color on a mobile device – even in bright sunlight. In addition, the AMOLED dynamic screen reduces blue light through the TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Comfort screen, without compromising image quality or adding a filter.
As a result of an innovative engineering process, the Galaxy S10’s unique Infinity-O screen combines a series of sensors with camera technology in a hole-in screen display – to maximize screen properties and keep you away from distractions.
Galaxy S10’s AMOLED dynamic display also includes the first embedded ultrasound fingerprint scanner that reads the 3D contours of the physical fingerprint – not a 2D image of it – for an anti-spoofing improvement. With the first FIDO Alliance Biometric Component certification in the world, this next-generation biometric authentication provides safe-type security to keep your phone safe.
Continuing Samsung’s tradition of camera specification, especially Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture, the Galaxy S10 introduces new camera technology and advanced intelligence that makes capturing photos and videos much easier:
- Ultra-Wide Lenses: A first-ever S series, the Galaxy S10 delivers an Ultra-Wide lens with a 123-degree field of view similar to the human eye. Perfect for impressive landscapes, large panoramas, including even a whole family in the frame, with Ultra-Wide Lens you’ll be sure you can capture the whole scene every time.
- High quality video recording: The Galaxy S10 offers Super Steady recording with digital stabilization technology. Whether you are dancing to a concert or trying to record every detail of a bike ride, Super Steady lets you capture the important moments. Both front and rear cameras can shoot at UHD quality and, for the first time in industry, the rear camera gives you the flexibility to record in HDR10 +.
- AI camera: The Galaxy S10 delivers clearer, clever features thanks to a NPU, so you can get high-quality photos without having to manually select advanced camera settings. The Scenario Optimizer can now recognize and process more accurate NPU scenes more accurately. With Shot Suggestion, the Galaxy S10 provides automatic composition recommendations so you can frame your picture better than ever before.
Smart performance features that help you get the most out of your phone
The Galaxy S10 has premium hardware and software based on machine learning. Featuring new sharing capabilities, improved performance thanks to artificial intelligence, and smart Wi-Fi, the Galaxy S10 is the smartest Samsung device.
- Wireless PowerShare: Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShare to the Galaxy S10, which makes it possible to load other Qi certified devices. The Galaxy S10 Wireless PowerShare will load compatible portable devices. In addition, the Galaxy S10 is capable of charging on it, but also a second device, both at the same time, with the help of Wireless PowerShare, while connected to an ordinary charger, so you can leave your second charger home when traveling.
- Intelligent performance: The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimizes the battery, CPU, RAM and even the device’s temperature depending on how you use your phone, learning continuously, becoming more and better. Using artificial intelligence capabilities, the Galaxy S10 also memorizes how you use your device and quickly opens the applications you use most often.
- Smart Wi-Fi: The Galaxy S10 comes with smart Wi-Fi that allows uninterrupted and secure connection by switching between Wi-Fi and LTE uninterrupted, as well as alerting about potentially harmful Wi-Fi connections. The Galaxy S10 supports the new Wi-Fi 6 standard, which means better Wi-Fi performance when the phone is connected to a compatible router.
A new era of 5G connectivity
As with 2G, 3G and 4G, Samsung is pioneering when it comes to 5G – working with large industry operators to develop and deploy 5G network technology. Samsung brings 5G power to consumers with the Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung’s first 5G smartphone.
With the Galaxy S10 5G, users in a 5G network can fully download a TV show season in just a few minutes, play games with rich graphics, benefit from enhanced VR and AR experiences, and get in touch with family or friends with 4K real-time video calls. To take full advantage of the 5G connectivity, the Galaxy S10 5G features the largest screen in the Galaxy S series, the 6.7-inch Infinity-O display, the 3D deep 3D capture camera to activate live video focus, and 4.500mAh super fast battery at 25W.
The best standard: the Galaxy foundation and the next level ecosystem
The Galaxy S10 range offers everything you would expect from the Galaxy S series and more – including Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, IP68 water and dust resistance, next-generation processor and Samsung services included, such as Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX. You get the most storage capacity available on a Galaxy – Galaxy S10 + comes with 1TB built-in storage and the ability to add a 512GB microSD to get 1.5TB of memory.
- Speed: The Galaxy S10 allows you to access Wi-Fi 6, which gives you priority access four times faster than other users in crowded areas such as airports. Experience LTE for up to 2.0 Gbps download and navigation for the first time in the industry.
- Gaming: Designed for the best gaming experience, the Galaxy S10 features AI and premium hardware performance optimization software, including Dolby Atmos for games and a cooling system. The Galaxy S10 is also the first mobile device optimized for gaming created on the Unity platform.
- Security: The Galaxy S10 is built with Samsung Knox, as well as a secure, hardware-backed storage that keeps your passwords safe.
Galaxy S10 – availability and pre-order
The Galaxy S10, the Galaxy S10 + and the Galaxy S10e will be available in the shades: Prism White, Prism Black, Green Prism, Blue Prism, Yellow Canary and Flamingo Pink. The Galaxy S10 + will also be available in two new ceramic models: Ceramic Black and Ceramic White.
Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 + and Galaxy S10e will be available in stores and online as of March 8, 2019. Premisions for the Galaxy S10, the Galaxy S10 + and the Galaxy S10e start tomorrow, February 21, 2019. For a limited time, consumers who pre-order a Galaxy S10 or The Galaxy S10 + will receive a pair of Galaxy Buds for free. Listen to your favorite music as you move around and control your fitness goals from the moment you get your hands on the Galaxy S10 earlier than the others.
The mobile operators, like Vodafone, and shops, like Altex, have already announced the pre-order for the phones with prices that starts at RON 3,500 for the S10e, RON 4,300 for the S10 and up to RON 7,800 for the S10 Plus (with 1TB storage capacity and 12GB of RAM).
The post Samsung launched the new line of premium smartphones Galaxy S10 appeared first on Business Review.